Click here for a flyer about HLI-West.
The Hispanic Leadership Institute-West (HLI-West) promotes the development of individuals for increased participation in leadership roles and serves as a principal education and networking resource for expertise and advocacy on leadership issues affecting the Latino community.
Educating ourselves as leaders is one of the best ways we can learn to truly connect to the community. The Hispanic Leadership Institute-West was established and designed to educate and assist individuals in developing and expanding their leadership skills to take an active role with the community. Participation in HLI-West is a competitive application process and is open for all individuals of diverse backgrounds. HLI-West was founded in 2004 as a partnership between Valle del Sol, the Hispanic Leadership Forum, and Estrella Mountain Community College.
The Hispanic Leadership Institute-West is a 10-week program of weekly classes conducted in the evening primarily at Estrella Mountain Community College.
HLI-West offers participants the opportunity to engage Arizona’s foremost business and policy authorities in a continuing dialogue about leadership and our Latino communities. The Hispanic Leadership Institute-West enhances the participant’s understanding of the role culture plays in a variety of circumstances, with specific attention to the enduring influence of Latinos in Arizona. The curriculum builds from participants’ experiences, emphasizing personal and professional development with a practical orientation. Sessions focus on ethics, cultural and personal identity, community issues, public/media relations skills, board/commission service, and meeting protocol, among other topics.
PROGRAM INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
- Sessions for HLI-West Class 2013 begin on Tuesday, September 17, 2013.
- Sessions are on Tuesday evenings from 6 pm-9 pm.
- A mandatory Leadership Retreat is scheduled on a Saturday (date TBD), from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sessions are held primarily at Estrella Mountain Community College.
- The program fee is $550 for all sessions and includes materials. The program fee for nonprofit organization participants is $450. Click here to make a credit card payment online.
- Application deadline is August 27, 2013.
To apply for HLI-West, please click here.
For more information, contact 602.258-6797, ext. 246 or click here.