Salary: $21.00 to $23.00 /hour
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
The Jr. Accountant is fully responsible for cash receipts, petty cash in the finance department, deposits, assigned journal entries, reconciliations, accounts payable and maintaining records. Assists the Finance Director with the monthly close, the annual audit and subsequent single audits when required, will assist in the preparation of the annual Non Profit 990, will prepare journal entries with supporting documentation, continually strives for process improvement and assists the Finance Director as needed.
- Associates degree in accounting.
- Two years of responsible accounting experience.
- Must have exposure to various accounting software applications and proven ability to troubleshoot software processes and to designing/writing/generating reports.
- Must be self directed and have excellent communications skills.
- Computer literacy to include competency with Microsoft Excel and Word, Great Plains or similar accounting software.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- FQHC and/or BH experience is a plus.
- Physical: sitting or standing for long periods of time and typing.
- Mental: the ability to deal with emotional and/or stressful situations, to organize and coordinate multiple events within schooled period of time, to manage multiple training schedules, and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Environmental: Work is performed in an office setting; conference rooms and at the various VdS sites.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.