Salary: $40,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment,competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
WEST VALLEY LOCATION – BILINGUAL (SPANISH SPEAKING) COUNSELOR
This individual provides counseling services and coordination of care for patients and families, utilizing individual, group, and/or family approaches as indicated by need. Maintains and manages a caseload size of up to 75 patients receiving counseling services. Responsible for service delivery including conducting intake assessments, participating in Child and Family Teams, and providing clinical oversight to teams. Works with patients and their families to create individualized service plans, implements agreed upon interventions and monitors progress toward goal completion in accordance with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles. Works with the child and family team to prevent and/or appropriately respond to crises and to minimize out-of-home placement. Monitors consumer level of acuity/need and recommends appropriate level of case management and/or psychiatric services accordingly. Promotes consumer/family independence and assists with transition planning.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or Master’s degree in non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience.
- Must pass ALTA Spanish Verbal test with a 9 score
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of client populations served by the agency, including children and meet credentialing requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Professional (BHP) level.
- Must be credentialed as a BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire.
- Must be ablet o demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior and counseling theories.
- Must have exceptional skills in communication (written and verbal) and able to execute conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive services.
- TB Test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
**Salary based on License level: No License, Associate, Independent**
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental,vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.