Salary: $15.00 /hour
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for a responsible individual to provide in-school observations and in-home support services to children and their families to enhance treatment goals and effectiveness and reduce acting out behaviors such as delinquency, aggression, negative peer associations, school problems, and/or drug/alcohol use.Provides behavioral coaching, living skills training, and personal care services. Provides parenting training and other behavioral health prevention/promotion education and training to clients and parents/caregivers. Coordinates with other team members to ensure that formal and informal services are matched to client/family needs.
** Must pass ALTA test for Spanish verbal skills at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 and able to read and write Spanish at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 in written Spanish skills.**
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Some experience in a residential setting, working in a counseling program, or knowledge of childhood mental disorders, de-escalation techniques, crisis intervention and physical intervention techniques required.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior, substance abuse and behavior management theories.
- Knowledge of Windows environment.
- Must have good skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Experience working with poverty-level families and drug awareness.
- Work is conducted in an office and school environment.
- Ability to drive, heat tolerant during summer months, legible penmanship.
- May need to interact with difficult clients, family members and stakeholder representatives.
- Requires multi-task oriented individual with special attention to organization and detail.
- Must be customer-service oriented, with the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Must have excellent listening and observation skills and be capable of establishing rapport with children, families and outside entities.
- Person must be capable of handling potentially stressful and distracting situations while maintaining composure and a professional demeanor.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.