oin Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with clerical and administrative duties in support of the Youth and Family and Adult Services department. Answers inbound calls and assists customers who have particular inquiries or questions. Handles incoming referrals from external customers by phone, e-mail, or fax.
*Schedule is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm*
- At least 21 years old; except as an intern who is at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma, or a high school equivalency diploma.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Windows environment and Electronic Health Records systems.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments, knowledge of health insurances, and managed care operations.
- Culturally sensitive
- Must possess valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of acceptable charging procedures is highly desirable.
- Experience working with poverty-level families and drug awareness.
- Knowledge of administrative and clinical systems, problem-solving skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to physically perform the following activities for the percentage of time listed:
- 100%, read, understand, and speak fluently in English.
- 90%, sit.
- 10%, stand, walk.
- 5%, move from one location to another within and outside the building.
- 5%, lift (up to 25 pounds).
- 5%, push, pull, reach.
- 5%, bend.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients, families, staff, and contacts from other agencies
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work and maintain emotional stability under stress, strict time constraints, and possible emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality by not disclosing protected health information to anyone outside of Valle without the person’s prior written consent or sharing information to persons within Valle on a “need to know” basis only. This includes any identifying information concerning current, past, or prospective clients or employees.
Environmental: Work is performed in an office and clinic setting.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.