Phoenix, AZ 85009
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
The OTP Counselor is responsible to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients that enables them to work toward their highest possible level of functioning. To provide counseling services and coordination of care for adult consumers with general mental health issues, substance abuse issues, and co-occurring disorders using evidence-based clinical best practices. Maintains and manages a caseload of consumers receiving individual, family, and/or group counseling services under the supervision of a Behavioral Health Professional. This position fulfills functions including: conducting assessments, providing therapeutic services individually and in a group setting and providing clinical oversight to multi-disciplinary teams. This role also negotiates individualized service plans, implements agreed upon interventions and monitors progress toward goal completion in collaboration with the consumer and other stakeholders. Promotes consumer independence and assists with transition planning.
· Master’s or Bachelors’ degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or
· Master’s or Bachelors’ degree in non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience.
· Must be credentialed as a BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire
· Must be able to demonstrate sufficiently knowledge and understanding of human behavior to show potential for rehabilitating drug dependent clients.
· Must have good skills in both verbal and writing communications.
· Culturally sensitive.
· Must have sufficient knowledge of the substance-abusing population, treatment planning and the field of human social services to work towards the rehabilitation of the client community.
· Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
· CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
· TB test
· Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
· Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company-provided life insurance, and company-provided short & long term disability.