Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for two responsible Medical Assistants whose responsibilities will include opening and closing clinic, prepared to provide services to clients ensuring a timely client flow through the clinical process.
*Must pass ALTA test for Spanish verbal skills at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 and able to read and write Spanish at a minimum of ALTA Level 1 in written Spanish skills.*
- 21 years or older
- Graduation and diploma from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program.
- Must have a Medical Interpretation Certification. However if not acquired at the time of the employment, VdS will pay for the Medical Interpretation Certification (If funded by VdS, employee must stay employed with VdS for a minimum of 12 months upon completion of program. In the event that the employee decides to leave VdS before the 12 month period, the cost of the training will be deducted from the employee’s last paycheck).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- TB test and Hep B Vaccine
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Basic Life Support trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments.
- Knowledge of insurances, managed care operations, and scheduling software.
- Current credentials as a Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred.
- Membership in professional organizations
- Specialized certifications as applicable
- Prefer knowledge of multicultural populations.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.