Salary: $42,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are seeking a talented individual to provide counseling services and coordination of care for adult consumers with general mental health issues, substance abuse issues, and co-occurring disorders using evidence-based clinical best practices.
We are looking for a talented counselor to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients that enables them to work toward their highest possible level of functioning. To provide counseling services and coordination of care for adult consumers with general mental health issues, substance abuse issues, and co-occurring disorders using evidence-based clinical best practices. Maintains and manages a caseload of consumers receiving individual, family, and/or group counseling services under the supervision of a Behavioral Health Professional. This position fulfills functions including: conducting assessments, providing therapeutic services individually and in a group settings and providing clinical oversight to multi-disciplinary teams. This role also negotiates individualized service plans, implements agreed upon interventions and monitors progress toward goal completion in collaboration with the consumer and other stakeholders. Promotes consumer independence and assists with transition planning.
*Schedule is Mon-Fri 4:30am – 12:30pm*
- Master’s or Bachelors’ degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or
- Master’s or Bachelors’ degree in non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience.
- Must be credentialed as a BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior to show potential for rehabilitating drug dependent clients.
- Must have good skills in both verbal and writing communications.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the substance abusing population, treatment planning and the field of human social services to work towards the rehabilitation of the client community.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel throughout the facility and, if needed, special physical aids may be supplied.
- The ability of clear and concise verbal communication.
- Eye-hand coordination, clear speech, seeing, and hearing.
- Ability to deal with emotional and/or stressful situations.
- Flexible with work load.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and also cooperatively with other staff. Basic mathematical skills, ability to do reports in both Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of simple office machine repairs.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Adaptable to multiple tasks.
- The ability to work early morning hours.
- Ability to deal with difficult clients as needed.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.