Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Assistant to perform general administrative duties, and will assist and support Valle staff as directed by the Practice Director. Responsibilities include opening and closing clinic and must be prepared to provide services to clients ensuring a timely client flow through the clinical process. The front desk will be priority; however, the Medical Front Desk Administrator is required to cover the back office when needed as a back up Medical Assistant.
*Must pass ALTA test for Spanish verbal skills at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 and able to read and write Spanish at a minimum of ALTA Level 1 in written Spanish skills.*
- 21 years or older
- Graduation and diploma from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program.
- 3 years plus experience with office medical procedures and treatments.
- Must have a Medical Interpretation Certification. However if not acquired at the time of the employment, VdS will pay for the Medical Interpretation Certification (If funded by VdS, employee must stay employed with VdS for a minimum of 12 months upon completion of program. In the event that the employee decides to leave VdS before the 12 month period, the cost of the training will be deducted from the employee’s last paycheck).
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Windows environment and Electronic Health Records systems.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Culturally sensitive
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments, knowledge of insurances, and managed care operations.
- EMR/EHR experience
- TB test and Hep B Vaccine
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Basic Life Support trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Knowledge of acceptable charging procedures is highly desirable.
- Medical or Behavioral health care experience
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Must be able to physically perform the following activities for the percentage of time listed:
- 100%, read, understand, and speak fluently in English.
- 90% sit.
- 10% stand, walk.
- 5%, move from one location to another within and outside the building.
- 5%, lift (up to 25 pounds).
- 5%, push, pull, reach.
- 5%, bend.
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, staff, contacts from other agencies, and Valle visitors.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work and maintain emotional stability under stress, strict time constraints, and possible emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality by not disclosing protected health information to anyone outside of Valle without the person’s prior written consent or sharing information to persons within Valle on a “need to know” basis only. This includes any identifying information concerning current, past, or prospective patients or employees.
- Work is performed in an office and clinic setting.
- Some travel is required and, if needed, special arrangements may be made.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with other staff members.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.