Leadership Programs Alumni Job Board
Looking for an opportunity to flex your leadership skills? Listed below are opportunities for local nonprofit organizations that are looking for leaders like you to join their staff.
Controller - Arizona Community Foundation
|Agency||Arizona Community Foundation|
|Status||Full-Time - Exempt|
|Report To||Chief Financial Officer|
|Nature of Work||The Controller works in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer in managing the accounting, budget, audit, and financial analysis and reporting functions of the Foundation. This position has primary responsibility for the accounting database management system of industry specific software (FIMS) used by ACF. The Controller supervises a staff of financial service professionals and ensures compliance with established legal, regulatory, accounting and auditing code of standards, company procedures, and industry best practices.|
|Essential Functions Within the Controller’s Purview||• Oversight of treasury services and cash management activities.
• Accounts payable processes and transactions.
• Bank deposits to ensure accuracy in gift entry and deposit activities.
• Payroll and retirement plan administration.
• Complex transactions including planned gifts, closely held business interests, real estate transactions and holdings, and other illiquid assets.
• Internal control systems to ensure accuracy of financial records, rapid identification of errors, and proper separation of duties.
• Primary staff liaison with ACF’s Audit & Compliance Committee. Secondary staff liaison with ACF’s Finance, Administration, and Budget (FAB) Committee, Gift Acceptance Committee, and Special Assets Committee.
• Monitoring of audit, tax, and legal regulations that can impact ACF’s financial reporting or regulatory compliance.
• Cross-departmental coordination of work flows to improve operational efficiency.
• Management of the annual financial, providing schedules and information as required.
• Management of the annual Form 990 filings for ACF and our supporting organizations.
• Customer service to fund holders, staff, grantees, and donor prospects in response to ad hoc inquiries and information requests.
|Knowledge or Skills||Experience (Required):
Five or more years of Public Accounting experience with demonstrated understanding of non-profit accounting rules.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting
Professional Certification (Required):
Certified Public Accountant (active license)
Additional Distinguishing Factors:
• Strong computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Experience with MicroEdge FIMS, Blackbaud Financial Edge, or comparable accounting software.
• Operating familiarity with fund accounting.
• Customer service orientation including donors, vendors and other constituent groups.
• Supervisory, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Appreciation of cultural diversity and an organizational mission geared toward the common good.
|Notice||The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than or in addition to those specifically presented in this description.
ACF is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. ACF does not discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
|To Apply||Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|