Leadership Programs Alumni Job Board
Looking for an opportunity to flex your leadership skills? Listed below are opportunities for local nonprofit organizations that are looking for leaders like you to join their staff.
Philanthropic Advisor - ACF
|Organization||Arizona Community Foundation|
|Status||Full Time – Exempt|
|Reports To||Sr. Director of Philanthropic Services|
|Business Unit||Philanthropic Services|
|Nature of Work||This position focuses on managing a significant donor portfolio, including both fundholders and legacy donors. This position will also cultivate relationships with existing donors, prospective donors and professional advisors in order to increase ACF’s assets through contributions to new and existing funds with an emphasis on the greater Phoenix metro area. He/she will develop and secure new business by building close relationships with professional advisors (estate planning attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, insurance agents, trust officers, private bankers, brokers, etc.) and their clients.
This position will work closely with Sr. Philanthropic Services staff on the new business development for the Pakis Center for Business Philanthropy, the Jerry Colangelo Center for Sports Philanthropy, the Center for LGBTQ philanthropy and the ACF Center for Planned Giving.
This position will have a lead role in developing and coordinating ACF’s Professional Advisor outreach efforts.
|Essential Job Functions||• Lead the PS team’s coordinated efforts to build relationships with professional advisors, including enhancing relationships with professional advisors who have been engaged as well as reaching out to those who are new to the community foundations.
• Work closely with relationship managers, and administrative staff to provide quality service to ACF’s donors, professional advisors and partners.
• Participate in ACF Professional Advisor outreach system, including Professional Advisory Board, Professional Education Series, Tax & Legal Seminar and other key strategies for building relationships with professional advisors.
• With the Philanthropic Services Unit, contribute to and execute the overall Philanthropic Services development strategy and work with ACF staff, board members and board committees, volunteers, professional advisors and staff to execute the plan.
• Cultivate and solicit prospects for new ACF gifts; receive and act on referrals from professional advisors.
• Cultivate enduring relationships and provide exemplary customer service to current donors, with ultimate goal of increasing giving.
• Possess the capacity and attitude to serve and amaze donors and professional advisors.
• With the Philanthropic Services Team, engage ACF Board of Directors as prospect referral sources.
|Knowledge or Skills||• Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in nonprofit sector required
• General working knowledge of the Arizona nonprofit community preferred
• Customer service experience
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills; research skills; ability to analyze, think critically and explain alternatives clearly
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to actively listen and to work with widely diverse individuals and groups, including donors, volunteers and community leaders demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality
• Ability to work as part of a professional team with enthusiasm and commitment and ability to take initiative and work independently
• Experience with problem-solving and decision-making
• Ability to multi-task while staying on a course of planned action
• Skill in both analytical thinking and building personal relationships
• Strong capacity to listen, keen sense of judgment and propriety, and ability to follow-up on details with great speed
• Good supervisory/management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Computer experience required
|Other Requirements||This position functions in an office environment and requires some local and/or regional travel. Incumbent must be proficient with computers; including word-processing and spreadsheets. Experience with a contact relationship management system preferred.|
|Major Accountabilites||• Effectively represent the Foundation in a positive manner.
• Provide professional and timely response and service.
• Meet annual new business development and fundraising goals.
• Generate new donors and build ACF’s revenue and net assets.
• Effectively collaborate with ACF staff, Board and volunteers, and professional advisor community to achieve goals.
|To Apply||Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|