Phoenix, AZ 85014
Salary: $0.00 /hour
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children, and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
The Integrated Community Health Worker provides coordination for patients at all locations and specialties, ensuring that they are receiving the correct level of care. Assists the treatment team in formulating discharge summaries and closures from RBHA when necessary as well as providing BH with referrals from primary care and adding this service when necessary. Provide individualized care coordination for patients with unmet, complex, or ongoing medical needs to ensure communication between all providers regardless of their discipline. Follow up with patients to assist with overcoming barriers to successfully implementing action plans or implementing treatment recommendations as needed. Become trained in and lead groups on Chronic Disease Self Management. Provide personalized assistance and resource connection for Valle del Sol members. Provides interpreter assistance from English to Spanish and Spanish to English for patients, guardians, medical and behavioral health providers, and community partners as needed. Expresses either approximate or exact translation, depending on the nature of the occasion. Ensures paperwork is completed accurately and timely. The Integrated Community Health Worker will be assigned with and responsible for the outreach to patients who have not engaged in BH services in up to 90 days and with PCP services in up to a year. The Integrated Community Health Worker will also participate in staffing and treatment team meetings to assist in moving patients into the correct level of care. Meets minimum qualifications for a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP).
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pas ALTA verbal test with a 9 score
- Must have a high school diploma, or a high school equivalency diploma. MA Certification, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Health field preferred.
- Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive services
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- TB test
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company-provided life insurance, and company-provided short & long term disability.