Phoenix, AZ 85014
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children, and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
Sensitive to people of all backgrounds and cultures, Valle del Sol was founded to fill a gap in behavioral health and social services available to the Latino community and underserved populations with nowhere else to turn. While Valle del Sol serves all communities, providing services that are culturally appropriate remains essential. Valle del Sol works to increase access to healthcare and combat health disparities and inequities that exist. Valle del Sol is committed to Black Lives Matters movement and seeks to combat racism and exclusion in all its forms.
The Director of Equity and Inclusion reports to the Chief Executive Officer. In this highly collaborative role, the individual will be a member of the Shared Operational Leadership team and the Quality Management Committee. The Director will have the authority to assess and implement changes across the agency that will continually facilitate the growth in this space. This will be done through the help of others in the forms of committees and workgroups, as such, the Director will facilitate the Cultural Competency Committee and oversee the Agency Cultural Competence (CC) Plan / Equity and Inclusion (EI) strategy while creating an inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and all persons served are welcome and served the with the best cultural competence. The Director must be or become the agency subject matter expert and authority on diversity, equity and inclusion. He/she will also be highly involved in work towards customer service improvement agency wide.
As this is a new position, the individual will need to be self-driven and comfortable with new-start program development. The role has both in internal focus in both the workplace and clinical space, as well as an external focus. External components of the role include some public relations with community representation, partnership building, presentation delivery, and involvement in policy change as appropriate. The job description is organized into these categories. All duties outlined are intended execution across two States: Arizona and New Mexico.
- Bachelor’s degree and background experience in working on equity and inclusion initiatives
- Preferred: Master’s degree and background experience in working on equity and inclusion initiatives
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and writing as well as strong presentation skills
- Program development skills and initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills, such as ability to analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions, and devise and implement an appropriate plan of action
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Mental Health 1st Aid certification trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Specialized certifications as applicable
- Membership in professional organizations
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability