Salary: $39,520.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children, and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement
The Intake Assessor is responsible for the professional and accurate completion of the ADHS mandated comprehensive assessment packet. This includes meeting with the patient, and their guardian if applicable, establishing rapport with all individuals present, and gathering confidential information in an efficacious and professional manner. The Intake Assessor must be able to listen effectively and based on clinical knowledge and client data be able to determine a preliminary diagnosis for the patient which will act as the basis of the Integrated BH service plan. In addition to the ISP, the Intake Assessor must also be capable of completing the Mental Status Exam, the Crisis Plan, the Risk Assessment, the Strength and Culture Discovery and the Overall impressions. The Intake Assessor must follow the Admissions and Assessment procedure, which will follow a “fast track” walk-in process. The Intake Assessor must also be capable of explaining the Child and Family Team process to clients and families and must be able to present the introductory CFT paperwork to the family at the end of the assessment process.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience; or Associate’s degree AND 2 years of BH work experience; or
- High School diploma and 4 years of BH work experience.
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of consumer populations served by the agency, including children, and meet requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT).
- Must be credentialed as a BHT within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior and counseling theories.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive services.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- TB test
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- Must possess reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or able to obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Bilingual Stipend
- Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as:
- Paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays
- Healthcare, dental, vision, voluntary products through AFLAC, and employee assistance program
- 401k, company-provided life insurance, and company-provided short & long term disability