Mesa, AZ 85201
Salary: $42,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
The Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Counselor provides counseling services and coordination of care for patients and families, utilizing individual, group, and/or family approaches as indicated by need. Provides group counseling to adolescents enrolled in the Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Program. Meets minimum qualifications for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Behavioral Health Professional (BHP). Facilitates a minimum of two groups per week in additional to weekly individual and/or family therapy. Maintains a caseload of up to 25 consumers and is responsible for service delivery, which includes: conducting assessments, facilitating or participating in Child and Family Teams, and providing clinical oversight to teams. Works with consumers to create individualized service plans, implements agreed upon interventions and monitors progress toward goal completion in accordance with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles. Works with the child and family team to prevent and/or appropriately respond to crises and to minimize out-of-home placement. Monitors patients’ level of acuity/need and recommends appropriate level of case management and/or psychiatric services accordingly. Promotes patients/family independence and assists with transition planning.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 21 years of age.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; Master’s degree in non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience.
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of client populations served by the agency, including children, and meet requirements for a BHT or BHP.
- Must be credentialed within 90 days of hire.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- Current Matrix training certification or must certify within 6 months of hire date
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- This position will interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders; exceptional skills in communication (written and verbal) and exceptional conflict resolution skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to read and interpret clinical documents.
**Salary based on license level**
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability