Phoenix, AZ 85003
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children, and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
The Counselor/Assessor is a compound role of whom is responsible for the professional and accurate completion of the ADHS mandated comprehensive assessment packet. This includes meeting with the patient, and their guardian if applicable, establishing rapport with all individuals present, and gathering confidential information in an efficacious and professional manner. Meets minimum qualifications for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHTII) and is responsible for service delivery in including conducting intake assessments, participating in Child and Family Teams, and providing clinical oversight to teams. The Counselor/Assessor must also be capable of explaining the intake and assessment process to clients and families and must be able to present the introductory ISP paperwork to the client/ family at the end of the assessment process. Works with patients and their families to create individualized service plans, Mental Status Exam, the Crisis Plan, the Risk Assessment, the Strength and Culture Discovery and the Overall impressions, implements agreed upon interventions, and monitors progress toward goal completion in accordance with the Arizona Vision and 12 Principles. The Counselor/Assessor must follow the Admissions and Assessment procedure, which will follow a “fast track” walk-in process. Monitors patients’ level of acuity/need and recommends appropriate level of case management and/or psychiatric services accordingly. Promotes patients/family independence and assists with transition planning.
- 21 Years of age or older; AND
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or
- Clinical Intern in Master’s degree behavioral health program in good standing; or
- Master’s degree in a non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience; or
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of consumer populations served by the agency, including children and meet requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHTII).
- Must be credentialed as a BHTII within 90 days of hire.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior and child development theories.
- Must have good skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records Systems.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive services.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
- Bilingual Stipend
- Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as:
- Paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays
- Healthcare, dental, vision, voluntary products through AFLAC, and employee assistance program
- 401k, company-provided life insurance, and company-provided short- & long-term disability