Phoenix, AZ 85014
Salary: $17.00 /hour
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children, and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for training and advancement.
A Transition Age Youth (TAY) Coach utilizes relationship development and person-centered planning to assist children ages 16 and 17 and young adults, ages 18 to 21, in developing the skills, knowledge and resources needed to successfully navigate the transition domains of employment/career, education, living environment, personal effectiveness/wellbeing, and community-life functioning. May assist adolescents/young adults in enrolling in medical and/or behavioral health services as appropriate. Possesses the experience necessary to collaborate with a wide variety of community service providers in the delivery of culturally sensitive and developmentally appropriate services to adolescents/young adults. Preference is for individuals with experience and training working with adolescents and young adults. Additional preferences are for individuals with experience working with young adults who may have both mental health challenges and substance abuse issues, and who are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) related field; or
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in non-BH related field AND 1 year of BH work experience; or
- Associate’s degree & 2 years of BH work experience; or
- High School diploma and 4 years of BH work experience.
- Able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior, mental health issues, and substance abuse treatment issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows environment and Electronic Health Records systems.
- Culturally sensitive.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC,company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability